Sunday, June 12, 2005

Off to Manila!

In a few hours from now I'd be leaving for Manila. Hmm. Why is this big a deal enough for me to bother blog it? Kasi upon leaving, I'd be officially starting my 3rd year in medical school. Eh I feel so anxious about junior year. Waah. Ewan. I don't think I'm ready yet for the, uhm, real thing. We'd be spending more time in the hospital now than in school. And we're just a year away from clerkship. Hala. Haaay. Siguro I'm just having fun as a "student" right now that I don't want it to be taken away from me. Para kasing, we're more of doctors na... scary.
The schoolyear hasn't even started yet but HUGE things are happening already. For one, na-shuffle ang lahat ng sections sa buong College of Medicine. For the first time in history, hindi na alphabetically ang sections. What the heck was that stupid fat woman thinking?! I swear, nagulo ang buhay naming lahat. Second, I just learned from a friend from PGH that he already left medschool. Now THAT is huge. I'm happy for him though. Dahil he never wanted to be a doctor in the first place. Third (now this is on the brighter side), an ex-schoolmate lost his wallet with his tuition fee downpayent in it, and found out later na he was granted by the school a FULL SCHOLARSHIP. Eto talaga kakaiba kasi when he lost the money, he prayed daw na sana either may magsoli ng money nya or, talagang nangangailangan yung nakakuha. Ka-bait! If I was the one who lost money, I probably wouldn't have thought of praying for that.
Before I went to sleep last night I was sort of freaking out about all these things, imagining how our life in OM (Ospital ng Maynila) would be. Then just when I decided to shoo all the thoughts away, I sent a forwarded message to another friend. I wasn't really expecting him to reply, dahil forwarded nga ang message. But no, nag-reply sya with something like this:
"Hi! Duty ako ngayon, sa Psych Ward!"
Ugh! I didn't even know that they go on late night shifts sa PGH (take note, ka-batch ko sya)! That made me even more anxious about leaving Laguna! Waaaaaah. Valium please.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aldwin said:
oy sino ung nagtext na un from PGH ha? hehehe. siya ba ang naiisip ko?

::Dhimples:: said...

OM? as in ospital ng maynila? ehhehehe... ingatz ka nalang dun... medyo creepy ata yung place pag gabi.... :) gabi ba shift mo? :)may nabisita na xe akong patient once sa OM eh... yun lang pero pag umaga naman ok yung hospital... :) goodluck po :)

janna, m.d. said...

ALDWIN: OO sya. Bket? So what?! We're still friends you know.

DIMPLES: La pa ko shift as of now, pero creepy nga. :p