It's officially summer!!! Well, yeah, I know, summer started 2 weeks ago, pero if you're a med student, you'd know what I mean. Dahil summer is associated with the words beach, vacation, and fun, and not with Radical Mastectomy, Blastomycosis, and Ulcerative Colitis. Imagine the torture we got, a mountain of transcriptions coupled with the scorching, not to mention dehydrating, heat of the sun. Nag-welga ang skin cells ko. Dryness to the max.
It's like 4x hotter in Manila than here in Laguna. Imagine, while studying at night (take note! at night!), we use 1 industrial fan (as in yung mapuputol ang daliri mo pag tinamaan ng blades), and 1 regular fan (on #3 of course). At hindi pa enough yun. Kasi if you don't take a bath before tumutok sa fan, tatagaktak pa rin ang pawis mo.
Kahit ang cellphone ko sumuko. My friend's sister who came from abroad complained that her phone started malfunctioning when she got here because of the weather. Syempre kami, while talking about it, were actually laughing pa about the idea. Pero after last Tuesday, the day that it was uber hot, like the hottest day of my life, my phone started malfunctioning na din. Then I spent the whole day wednesday at school and starbucks, meaning all-day air-conditioned ako, my phone started to run normally again. Weird huh?
So let's go back to my acads rant. The grades released so far are fine. I unexpectedly got 83 in FCM. I mean hello? Ikaw kaya ang magkaroon ng adviser gaya na Sincha, matutuwa ka na sa 75. I dunno what that meant, kung talaga lang bang nakabawi kame sa final paper? Or talagang tinakot lang nya kme sa pre-final failing grades? Or na-realize nya na hindi makatarungan ang grades na binibigay nya samin before?
Or, God gave us Sincha, because He knows that us, and only us, have the extreme powers to overcome her evilness. Way to go X-Men! :p
Patho's okay, as well as Micro and Internal Medicine. It's Pharma and Surgery i'm worried about. Actually, confident ako with Pharma, it's just that I dunno what my 4th shifting grade is. So, di ko mashado ma-assess. Surgery....hm. If I fail surgery, I dunno what to do. If I fail Surgery, around half of our bacth would fail. So high hopes ako na they would lower the passing grade.
Promotion Boards will be released on Friday.... I wish wala naman ma-delay or bumagsak, especially from Section D. Wally told me there were a few people who failed Pathology. I have no idea who they are, pero if they are the same people failing Surgery, hala na. Iyakan galore na naman ito.
On a brighter side naman, I went shopping with my sister yesterday. My only plan was to buy a summer bag, like my sister's. Yun lang. But in the end, I got the bag, plus 2 summer tops. Hay Jannah, inggitera talaga. Ayan tuloy wala na ko pera.
Here's my summer to-do list!
1. Go to Bora with med peeps.
2. Go to Cebu / Bohol / Davao with family.
3. Go to Puerto Galera with bio peeps.
4. Go to Puerto Galera with MARSF.
5. Go to Baguio with cousins.
6. Re-decorate Lafang room.
7. Finish my photo albums.
8. Hard-bind my transcriptions.
9. Med / Surgical Missions.
10. Finish at least 3 seasons of FRIENDS on dvd.
11. Learn to cook chinese food.
13. Go on a date, or at least meet a prospect boyfriend.
12. Perform. I dunno how the last one's going to be possible, pero I want to dance this summer. And notice, Puerto Galera's mentioned twice, so wish ko lang matupad kahit isa lang dyan. This is my last summer vacation, so dapat ma-fulfill ang mga yan! Anyway, last Friday pala was my sister's graduation. It's been a while since I got to visit CSA, and there were a lot of changes na. They have a new audi-gym, as in auditorium and gymnasium in one, a gazebo in front of the 2nd building, and a new building in front of the administration building. The rest are pretty much the same-- the 2nd and 3rd buildings (yeah, we don't have names for our buildings back then) and H.E. lab look pretty much the same. Except that they're all air-conditioned now. Pero heto malupit: ang bilihan natin dati ng medium rootbeer, or ng mango shake and 1 ham and egg, or ng jumbo sandwich, or ng 1 rice steak, ay nandoon pa rin. Same location, and same people selling (although hindi ko nakita sina Mrs.Garcia). Astig. I'll be posting the picture of the audi-gym soon. =) Ocia, nagwewelga na ang Hunger Center ko. I'm off to get Crumpy. Buhbye!
1 comment:
Haha, honga eh. Help naman. :p
Post a Comment