Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Surprise Surprise!

Last night was Laguna V. It was 1.5 (or 2?) years since Laguna IV, muling nagkita, nag-inuman, naglasingan at nag-iyakan ang Block One. As usual, riot. Hehe. Ika nga ni Joppet, some things never change: OA pa rin si Sean, umiyak pa rin si Mean, tsismosa pa rin si King, corny pa rin si Jasper, etc. I don't feel like blogging about what happened last night actually, pero there's one thing I would like to share with you.
Even before Section D's christmas party J***** has already been telling me about a surprise na mangyayari daw on the 21st (which was last night). I had no single idea what it was about, and I was thinking na she could be just making it up. Then last night on our way to Laguna, while people were asking about S***** if she'd be coming or not, J***** blurted out loud, "Ayan, hindi na matutuloy yung surprise sayo!".
I was like, "Oh my God!!!". With matching kilig and a big stupid smile on my face.
Everyone around us was clueless, and J***** was blabbing and regretting that she had made me accidentally realize what the surprise (which isnt a surprise anymore) was all about.
Pero ako, keber kay J*****. As in ang ingay nya, telling me not to tell S**** that I already know. Pero ako, I was slowly letting the surprise sink in, savouring the idea that S***** actually wanted to be friends with me again.
Wala lang. It's been what, 2 years? 3 years? I was so happy, because I thought we'd be just like this forever. Na hindi kami nagpapansinan sa school, na para kaming walang pinagsamahan before. I thought na she's okay with how we are now. Or if ever magkaayos man kame, I thought it would just happen since we see everyday in school. But never did it occur to me that she'd actually try to talk to me and patch up things. I mean, after all these years?
Kasi ako mismo never ko naisip to approach her and talk to her about us. Kaya I am happy, kaya ako kinilig, natuwa, because I never thought she actually thought of making an effort. Wow.
Pero she wasn't there last night. There was no surprise. But still, just the thought of it is enough for me. Kahit pa hindi niya ituloy, kahit pa magbago isip nya, masaya nako. I'll probably try making extra effort to befriend her again. =)

No comments: